Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
Latest TCAG Events
October 9, 2019
Artificial Intelligence: A Crystal Ball for Drug Discovery?
Welcome back! We trust you had a good summer. We have an exciting line up of speakers to look forward to over the 2016-2017 season.
On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 in the Red Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting this season's first guest speaker: Dr. Joseph Ecker, Director of Genomics Analysis Laboratory at Salk Institute.
- 4 to 4:15 p.m. - Trainee Speaker: Dr. Cristina Baciu, OICR will speak on "PGMLab for Biomarker Discovery in Cancer"
- 4:15 to 5 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Dr. Joseph Ecker, Salk Institute will speak on "Epigenomic Signatures of Neuronal Diversity."
- 5 to 7 p.m. Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Meet new colleagues, discuss current hot topics over pizza and refreshments, enjoy and partake in your community's bioinformatics network!
Link to our Google calendar of events: https://firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Albi Celaj, Roth Lab, U of Toronto
- Benjamin Haibe-Kains, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, UHN & Dept. Medical Biophysics, U of Toronto
- Michael Liang, Wilson Lab, SickKids
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Francis Ouellette, OICR
- Evangelia Petsalakis, Roth Lab, U of Toronto
- Nicholas Provart, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Taraneh Zarin, Moses Lab, U of Toronto