Latest TCAG Events
Mouse Genome Informatics Workshop
Once again The Centre for Applied Genomics (TCAG) and the Ontario Genomics Institute (OGI) are hosting the Mouse Genome Informatics (MGI) team from the Jackson Labs to provide 2-hour workshops here in Toronto on October 30 and 31. These workshops are appropriate for all levels from undergraduate to principal investigator, and can benefit new and experienced MGI users alike. These hands-on workshops will demonstrate how to:
- find mouse models of human disease;
- identify single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), PCR polymorphisms and biological sequences specific to selected mouse strains;
- locate quantitative trail loci (QTL) associated with a specific phenotype;
- view mouse markers, alleles and phenotypes mapped onto a genome browser;
- find gene expression assays and images for specific anatomical structures and developmental stages;
- view terms describing the molecular function, biological process and cellular component of a gene, and retrieve a list of genes annotated with a specific Gene Ontology (GO) term.
Workshops can be tailored to meet the needs of the participants so suggestions for additional topics can be forwarded to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each participant will be provided a computer with internet access.
Currently we are planning to host three sessions:
- Thursday October 30 from 10 a.m. - noon
- Thursday October 30 from 2- 4 p.m.
- Friday October 31 from 10 a.m. - noon
- Friday October 31 from 2 - 4 p.m.
Space is limited and potential attendees will be required to register. Make sure to provide your name, status (student, PI, etc.) affiliation (i.e. whose lab) and 1st and 2nd choice for which workshop you would like to register for. All applicants will be considered but due to space limitations we will make the final decision on attendees to allow the widest variety of research groups to be represented.
Let me know if you would be interested in attending and for which session you would like to register.
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.