Latest TCAG Events
Invitation to Join Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG)
Vancouver has one. Montreal has one. What about Toronto?
It is coming!
Debuting on Wednesday September 26th, 2012 in the Red Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto) is Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG).
Run by the community for the community, TorBUG aims:
- To support career development in bioinformatics with trainee only sessions with the speaker and speaking opportunities;
- To introduce new ideas with world class local and international speakers;
- And to enhance community networking with social time
Our inaugural event will feature:
- 4 - 4:15 p.m. - Trainee Speaker: Marc Fiume, PhD Candidate
- 4:15 - 5 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Lincoln Stein, Director of Informatics & Biocomputing, OICR (CCBR, Red Room)
- 5 - 7 p.m. - Reception
Day: Wednesday September 26, 2012
Room: CCBR, Red Room
Come be a part of TorBUG - meet new colleagues, discuss current hot topics over pizza and refreshments, enjoy and partake in your community's bioinformatics network!
Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Nuno Barbosa-Morais, Blencowe Lab, U of Toronto
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Robin Haw, OICR
- Philip Kim, Mol Gen and CS, U of Toronto
- Dennis McCormac, OGI/TCAG
- Alex Nguyen, Moses Lab, U of Toronto
- Francis Ouellette, OICR
- Leopold Parts, Boone Lab, U of Toronto
- Nicholas Provart, Cell & Systems Bio, U of Toronto