Latest TCAG Events
- April 25, 2018
TorBUG - Jeffrey Leek, Johns Hopkins University
- March 28, 2018
TorBUG - Morgan Langille, Canada Research Chair in Human Microbionics
Upcoming Spook Night Event - Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
Bioinformatics shouldn't be a scary term!
Join us on Wednesday October 31st, 2012 in the Red Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto) for the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) presentations that demystify the coding and open source world.
Our hallowed event includes:
- 4:00-4:10 p.m. - Speaker: Brian O'Connor
OICR: Hack a What? Doing bioinformatics the Hack-a-thon Way
- 4:10-4:20 p.m. - Speaker: Robin Haw, Reactome: Google Summer of Code: Bringing Google to Bioinformatics
- 4:20-4:30 p.m. - Trainee Speaker: Yue Dong: My Experience in the Google World
- 4:30-5:00 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Jean Lozach, Illumina: BASE Space: Open Tools in the Cloud
- 5:00-7:00 p.m. - A Scary Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG - meet new colleagues, discuss current hot topics over pizza and *refreshments*, enjoy and partake in your community's bioinformatics network!
Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!