Latest TCAG Events
- April 25, 2018
TorBUG - Jeffrey Leek, Johns Hopkins University
- March 28, 2018
TorBUG - Morgan Langille, Canada Research Chair in Human Microbionics
Ion Proton Sequencing Webinar, March 20, 2013
The Ontario Genomics Institute (OGI) and The Centre for Applied Genomics co-hosted a one hour webinar on a new sequencing service being provided by TCAG: Exome sequencing on the Ion Proton Sequencing platform from Life Technologies.
The webinar was appropriate for all levels from graduate student to principal investigator, and offered benefits to both new and experienced researchers. The presentation was led by Dr. Sergio Pereira, Sequencing Lab Manager at TCAG.
- Introduction to Ion Torrent Proton technology
- Principles of genomic library preparation
- Ion Torrent Proton Sequencing
- Comparison of exome sequencing methods on the major NGS platforms
- Recent findings using Proton exome sequencing
- The next step: whole-genome sequencing on Ion Proton
If you missed the seminar or want a quick refresher, the presentation is available online at http://ogi.adobeconnect.com/p63tilnppj3/