Latest TCAG Events
Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
On Wednesday April 24th, 2013 in the Black Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting another discussion session focused on career development for graduate students and post-docs with the help of a leading researcher.
Don't miss a great opportunity to hear from Dr. Wyeth Wasserman, Professor of Medical Genetics, Senior Scientist and Co-Director at CMMT at the University of British Columbia. Dr. Wasserman will discuss some ideas on open education and open-access in general. To introduce you to the topics, so you make the best out of this session, we strongly encourage you to read the following documents:
- Open Access Overview
- Open educational resources in higher education
- Massive Open Online Courses, aka MOOCs, Transform Higher Education and Science
This session will be followed by a seminar talk by Dr. Wasserman.
- 3 - 4 p.m., Informal discussion session with Wyeth Wasserman (CCBR, Black Room)
- 4 - 4:15 p.m., Trainee Speaker: Nuno Barbosa-Morais, Senior Postdoctoral Fellow in Blencowe Lab, UofT (CCBR, Red Room)
- 4:15 - 5 p.m., Guest Speaker: Wyeth Wasserman, Professor of Medical Genetics, Senior Scientist and Co-Director at CMMT at UBC (CCBR, Red Room)
- 5 - 7 p.m., Reception (CCBR, Red and Black Rooms)
Come be a part of TorBUG. Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Nuno Barbosa-Morais, Blencowe Lab, U of Toronto
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Robin Haw, OICR
- Philip Kim, Mol Gen and CS, U of Toronto
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Alex Nguyen, Moses Lab, U of Toronto
- Francis Ouellette, OICR
- Leopold Parts, Boone Lab, U of Toronto
- Nicholas Provart, Cell & Systems Bio, U of Toronto