TCAG New Technologies Workshop: DNA/RNA Sequencing and Genotype Analyses
TCAG and Golden Helix will co-host a free, half-day workshop on Tuesday Aug. 27 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in The Hospital for Sick Children auditorium (1246 Main Auditorium, Black Wing, 1st Floor).
In this workshop you will learn about the latest bioinformatics analyses methods for next-generation sequencing and genotype analysis, including practical applications for identifying candidate functional polymorphisms using Golden Helix's SNP & Variation Suite.
Presented by: Dr. Bryce Christensen, Statistical Geneticist at Golden Helix
- Sequence alignment and variant quality control
- Bioinformatics filtering strategies
- Variant classification and interpretation
- Analysis of Mendelian traits
- Rare variant analysis for complex traits
- Genome-wide association on testing for common variants
- mRNA expression profiling
Registration is required. Visit http://www.goldenhelix.com/workshop/ to register online.