Latest TCAG Events
Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
On Wednesday November 27, 2013 in the Black Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting a group discussion session focused on career development. Michael Hoffman, new arrival to Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, will discuss stories and share tips on the faculty and post-doctoral fellow search.
Don't miss a great opportunity to hear from Dr. Michael Hoffman, Principal Investigator, at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.
This session will be followed by a seminar talk by Dr. Hoffman.
- 3 - 4 p.m., Informal group session with Michael Hoffman (CCBR, Black Room)
- 4 - 4:15 p.m., Trainee Speaker: Sarah Gagliano, PhD Candidate, University of Toronto (CCBR, Red Room)
Talk Title: A method to incorporate hundreds of functional characteristics with association evidence to improve SNP prioritization
- 4:15 - 5 p.m., Guest Speaker: Michael Hoffman, Principal Investigator, at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre (CCBR, Red Room)
Talk Title: Semi-automated annotation of the human genome using chromatin and RNA-seq data
- 5 - 7 p.m., Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Nuno Barbosa-Morais, Blencowe Lab, U of Toronto
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Robin Haw, OICR
- Alejandra Medina, Wilson Lab, SickKids
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Alex Nguyen, Moses Lab, U of Toronto
- Francis Ouellette, OICR
- Leopold Parts, Boone Lab, U of Toronto
- Alan Moses, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Fritz Roth, CCBR, U of Toronto and Lunenfeld Research Institute