Latest TCAG Events
- November 28, 2018
TorBUG - Andrew Doxey, UWO
- October 31, 2018
TorBUG - Chia-Lin Wei, Genome Technologies, The Jackson Laboratory
Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
On Wednesday November 27, 2013 in the Black Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting a group discussion session focused on career development. Michael Hoffman, new arrival to Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, will discuss stories and share tips on the faculty and post-doctoral fellow search.
Don't miss a great opportunity to hear from Dr. Michael Hoffman, Principal Investigator, at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.
This session will be followed by a seminar talk by Dr. Hoffman.
- 3 - 4 p.m., Informal group session with Michael Hoffman (CCBR, Black Room)
- 4 - 4:15 p.m., Trainee Speaker: Sarah Gagliano, PhD Candidate, University of Toronto (CCBR, Red Room)
Talk Title: A method to incorporate hundreds of functional characteristics with association evidence to improve SNP prioritization
- 4:15 - 5 p.m., Guest Speaker: Michael Hoffman, Principal Investigator, at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre (CCBR, Red Room)
Talk Title: Semi-automated annotation of the human genome using chromatin and RNA-seq data
- 5 - 7 p.m., Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Nuno Barbosa-Morais, Blencowe Lab, U of Toronto
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Robin Haw, OICR
- Alejandra Medina, Wilson Lab, SickKids
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Alex Nguyen, Moses Lab, U of Toronto
- Francis Ouellette, OICR
- Leopold Parts, Boone Lab, U of Toronto
- Alan Moses, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Fritz Roth, CCBR, U of Toronto and Lunenfeld Research Institute