Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
On Wednesday January 29, 2014 in the Black Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting a group discussion session focused on career development. Jared Simpson, from Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR), will discuss about his transition from industry to academia, and share tips on the faculty and postdoctoral fellow search.
Don't miss a great opportunity to hear from Dr. Jared Simpson, from Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
This session will be followed by a seminar talk by Dr. Simpson.
- 3-4 p.m., Informal group session with Jared Simpson (CCBR, Black Room)
- 4-4:15 p.m., Trainee Speaker: Lee Zamparo, University of Toronto (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Dimensionality reduction for high-content screening data"
- 4:15-5 p.m., Guest Speaker: Dr. Jared Simpson, from Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Designing scalable algorithms for sequence analysis"
- 5-7 p.m., Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Nuno Barbosa-Morais, Blencowe Lab, U of Toronto
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Robin Haw, OICR
- Alejandra Medina, Wilson Lab, SickKids
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Alex Nguyen, Moses Lab, U of Toronto
- Francis Ouellette, OICR
- Leopold Parts, Boone Lab, U of Toronto
- Alan Moses, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Fritz Roth, CCBR, U of Toronto and Lunenfeld Research Institute