Latest TCAG Events
Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
On Wednesday February 26th, 2014 in the Black Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting a group discussion session focused on how to organize computational biology projects. Guillaume Bourque, from Genome Quebec Innovation Center, will discuss the PLoS paper on how to organize computational biology projects: http://goo.gl/7YhWPd.
Don't miss a great opportunity to hear from Dr. Guillaume Bourque from Genome Quebec Innovation Center.
This session will be followed by a seminar talk by Dr. Bourque.
- 3-4 p.m., Informal group session with Jared Simpson (CCBR, Black Room)
- 4-4:15 p.m., Trainee Speaker: Oren Kraus, University of Toronto (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Outlier Detection for High-content Cell Screening"
- 4:15-5 p.m., Guest Speaker: Dr. Guillaume Bourque, from Genome Quebec Innovation Center (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Mapping the functional elements in the human genome"
- 5-7 p.m., Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Nuno Barbosa-Morais, Blencowe Lab, U of Toronto
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Robin Haw, OICR
- Alejandra Medina, Wilson Lab, SickKids
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Alex Nguyen, Moses Lab, U of Toronto
- Francis Ouellette, OICR
- Leopold Parts, Boone Lab, U of Toronto
- Alan Moses, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Fritz Roth, CCBR, U of Toronto and Lunenfeld Research Institute