Latest TCAG Events
- March 27, 2019
TorBUG - Julie Hussin, Université of Montréal
- February 27, 2019
TorBUG - Jennifer Brooks, Dalla Lana School of Public Health
Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
On Wednesday February 26th, 2014 in the Black Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting a group discussion session focused on how to organize computational biology projects. Guillaume Bourque, from Genome Quebec Innovation Center, will discuss the PLoS paper on how to organize computational biology projects: http://goo.gl/7YhWPd.
Don't miss a great opportunity to hear from Dr. Guillaume Bourque from Genome Quebec Innovation Center.
This session will be followed by a seminar talk by Dr. Bourque.
- 3-4 p.m., Informal group session with Jared Simpson (CCBR, Black Room)
- 4-4:15 p.m., Trainee Speaker: Oren Kraus, University of Toronto (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Outlier Detection for High-content Cell Screening"
- 4:15-5 p.m., Guest Speaker: Dr. Guillaume Bourque, from Genome Quebec Innovation Center (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Mapping the functional elements in the human genome"
- 5-7 p.m., Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Nuno Barbosa-Morais, Blencowe Lab, U of Toronto
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Robin Haw, OICR
- Alejandra Medina, Wilson Lab, SickKids
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Alex Nguyen, Moses Lab, U of Toronto
- Francis Ouellette, OICR
- Leopold Parts, Boone Lab, U of Toronto
- Alan Moses, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Fritz Roth, CCBR, U of Toronto and Lunenfeld Research Institute