Latest TCAG Events
Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
On Wednesday April 30th, 2014 in the Black Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting a group discussion session focused on the industrial research environment.
To get you warmed up, read this paper or watch Titus Brown in these presentations:
- An Introduction to Social Media for Scientists
- Free and easy tools to make your research, data, and code more accessible.
- How to build an enduring online research presence using social networking and open science
Don't miss a great opportunity to hear from Dr. Titus Brown from Michigan State University!
This session will be followed by a seminar talk by Dr. Brown.
- 3-4 p.m. - Informal group session with Dr. Titus Brown (CCBR, Black Room)
- 4-4:15 p.m. - Trainee Speaker: Julio Diaz Caballero, University of Toronto (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Periodic Selection Drives Pseudomonas aeruginosa Diversity in the Cystic Fibrosis Lung"
- 4:15-5 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Dr. Titus Brown from Michigan State University (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Building khmer, a platform for research in scalable sequence analysis"
- 5-7 p.m. Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Nuno Barbosa-Morais, Blencowe Lab, U of Toronto
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Robin Haw, OICR
- Alejandra Medina, Wilson Lab, SickKids
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Alex Nguyen, Moses Lab, U of Toronto
- Francis Ouellette, OICR
- Leopold Parts, Boone Lab, U of Toronto
- Alan Moses, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Fritz Roth, CCBR, U of Toronto and Lunenfeld Research Institute