Latest TCAG Events
- April 25, 2018
TorBUG - Jeffrey Leek, Johns Hopkins University
- March 28, 2018
TorBUG - Morgan Langille, Canada Research Chair in Human Microbionics
Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
On Wednesday April 30th, 2014 in the Black Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting a group discussion session focused on the industrial research environment.
To get you warmed up, read this paper or watch Titus Brown in these presentations:
- An Introduction to Social Media for Scientists
- Free and easy tools to make your research, data, and code more accessible.
- How to build an enduring online research presence using social networking and open science
Don't miss a great opportunity to hear from Dr. Titus Brown from Michigan State University!
This session will be followed by a seminar talk by Dr. Brown.
- 3-4 p.m. - Informal group session with Dr. Titus Brown (CCBR, Black Room)
- 4-4:15 p.m. - Trainee Speaker: Julio Diaz Caballero, University of Toronto (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Periodic Selection Drives Pseudomonas aeruginosa Diversity in the Cystic Fibrosis Lung"
- 4:15-5 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Dr. Titus Brown from Michigan State University (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Building khmer, a platform for research in scalable sequence analysis"
- 5-7 p.m. Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Nuno Barbosa-Morais, Blencowe Lab, U of Toronto
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Robin Haw, OICR
- Alejandra Medina, Wilson Lab, SickKids
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Alex Nguyen, Moses Lab, U of Toronto
- Francis Ouellette, OICR
- Leopold Parts, Boone Lab, U of Toronto
- Alan Moses, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Fritz Roth, CCBR, U of Toronto and Lunenfeld Research Institute