Latest TCAG Events
- March 27, 2019
TorBUG - Julie Hussin, Université of Montréal
- February 27, 2019
TorBUG - Jennifer Brooks, Dalla Lana School of Public Health
Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
On Wednesday September 24th, 2014 in the Black Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting an informal group discussion session focused reproducible research. Don't miss a great opportunity to hear from Dr. Sandrine Dudoit from UC Berkeley!
This session will be followed by a seminar talk by Dr. Dudoit.
- 3-4 p.m. - Informal group session with Dr. Sandrine Dudoit (CCBR, Black Room)
- 4-4:15 p.m. - Trainee Speaker: Joseph O'Neill, University of Guelph (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Multi-locus GWAS analysis/genomic selection as a "clique" problem solved through evolutionary computation"
- 4:15-5 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Dr. Sandrine Dudoit, from UC Berkeley (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Normalization and differential expression in RNA-seq"
- 5-7 p.m. Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Robin Haw, OICR
- Alejandra Medina, Wilson Lab, The Hospital for Sick Children
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Julio Diaz Caballero, Guttman Lab, U of Toronto
- Francis Ouellette, OICR
- Evangelia Petsalakis, Roth Lab, U of Toronto
- Nicholas Provart, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Fritz Roth, CCBR, U of Toronto and Lunenfeld Research Institute