Latest TCAG Events
Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
On Wednesday, October 29, 2014 in the Black Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting an informal group discussion session focused reproducible research. Don't miss a great opportunity to hear from Dr. Heng Li from the Broad Institute!
This session will be followed by a seminar talk by Dr. Heng Li.
- 3-4 p.m. - Informal group session with Dr. Heng Li (CCBR, Black Room)
- 4-4:15 p.m. - Trainee Speaker: Ladislav Rampasek, University of Toronto (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Probabilistic method for detecting copy number variation in a fetal genome using maternal plasma sequencing"
- 4:15-5 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Dr. Heng Li fom the Broad Institute (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Experimenting FM-index for multiple human samples"
- 5-7 p.m. Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Robin Haw, OICR
- Alejandra Medina, Wilson Lab, The Hospital for Sick Children
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Julio Diaz Caballero, Guttman Lab, U of Toronto
- Francis Ouellette, OICR
- Evangelia Petsalakis, Roth Lab, U of Toronto
- Nicholas Provart, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Fritz Roth, CCBR, U of Toronto and Lunenfeld Research Institute