Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 in the Black Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting an informal group discussion session focused reproducible research. Don't miss a great opportunity to hear from Dr. Mads Kaern from the University of Ottawa.
This session will be followed by a seminar talk by Dr. Kaern.
- 3-4 p.m. - Informal group session with Dr. Mads Kaern (CCBR, Black Room)
- 4-4:15 p.m. - Trainee Speaker: David Kim, University of Toronto (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Investigating the Fungal Microbiome of Cystic Fibrosis Patient Lungs"
- 4:15-5 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Dr. Mads Kaern fom the University of Ottawa (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Evidence for non-genetic causes of eukaryotic drug resistance"
- 5-7 p.m. Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Robin Haw, OICR
- Alejandra Medina, Wilson Lab, The Hospital for Sick Children
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Julio Diaz Caballero, Guttman Lab, U of Toronto
- Francis Ouellette, OICR
- Evangelia Petsalakis, Roth Lab, U of Toronto
- Nicholas Provart, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Fritz Roth, CCBR, U of Toronto and Lunenfeld Research Institute