Latest TCAG Events
Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 in the Red Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting our guest speaker: Dr. Alex Bateman from EMBL-EBI.
- 4-4:15 p.m. - Trainee Speaker: Fan Yang from Fritz Roth's Lab will speak on "protein domain-level landscape of cancer-type-specific somatic mutations"
- 4:15-5 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Dr. Alex Bateman, Head of Protein Resources, EMBL-EBI will spean on "Rfam and RNAcentral; Tools for understanding the RNA universe."
- 5-7 p.m. Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Meet new colleagues, discuss current hot topics over pizza and refreshments, enjoy and partake in your community's bioinformatics network!
Link to our Google calendar of events: https://firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Albi Celaj, Roth Lab, U of Toronto
- Benjamin Haibe-Kains, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, UHN & Dept. Medical Biophysics, U of Toronto
- Robin Haw, OICR
- Michael Liang, Wilson Lab, SickKids
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Francis Ouellette, OICR
- Evangelia Petsalakis, Roth Lab, U of Toronto
- Nicholas Provart, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Taraneh Zarin, Moses Lab, U of Toronto