Latest TCAG Events
- April 25, 2018
TorBUG - Jeffrey Leek, Johns Hopkins University
- March 28, 2018
TorBUG - Morgan Langille, Canada Research Chair in Human Microbionics
Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
Welcome back to a New Year with many eventful things happening in 2017!
On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 in the Red Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting our next guest speaker: Katie Pollard, Director and Senior Investigator at Gladstone Institutes.
- 4 to 4:15 p.m. - Trainee Speaker: Davide chicco, University of Toronto, (CCBR Red Room) will speak on "Siamese neural network for prediction of long-range interactions in chromatin."
- 4:15 to 5 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Katie Pollard, Gladstone Institutes (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Most transcription factors recognize DNA shape."
- 5 to 7 p.m. Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Meet new colleagues, discuss current hot topics over pizza and refreshments, enjoy and partake in your community's bioinformatics network!
Link to our Google calendar of events: https://email@example.com
Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Albi Celaj, Roth Lab, U of Toronto
- Benjamin Haibe-Kains, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, UHN & Dept. Medical Biophysics, U of Toronto
- Michael Liang, Wilson Lab, SickKids
- Ann Meyer, OICR
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Francis Ouellette, OICR
- Nicholas Provart, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Joseph Somody, OICR
- Taraneh Zarin, Moses Lab, U of Toronto