Latest TCAG Events
- October 31, 2018
TorBUG - Chia-Lin Wei, Genome Technologies, The Jackson Laboratory
- September 26, 2018
TorBUG - Juri Reimand, Ontario Cancer Institute
Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
Be sure and join us for this month's TorBUG.
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 in the Red Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting our next guest speaker: Daniel Ashlock, Professork, Mathematics and Statistics, University of Guelph.
- 4 to 4:15 p.m. - Trainee Speaker: Nil Sahin, Graduate Student, Brenda Andrews and Quad Morris labs, (CCBR Red Room) will speak on "Machine learning and computer vision approaches for phenotypic profiling in yeast."
- 4:15 to 5 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Daniel Ashlock, Professor, University of Guelph (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "The Stability of Clustering Algorithms and Visualizing High-Dimensional Data."
- 5 to 7 p.m. Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Meet new colleagues, discuss current hot topics over pizza and refreshments, enjoy and partake in your community's bioinformatics network!
Link to our Google calendar of events: https://email@example.com
Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Albi Celaj, Roth Lab, U of Toronto
- Benjamin Haibe-Kains, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, UHN & Dept. Medical Biophysics, U of Toronto
- Michael Liang, Wilson Lab, SickKids
- Ann Meyer, OICR
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Nicholas Provart, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Joseph Somody, OICR
- Taraneh Zarin, Moses Lab, U of Toronto