Latest TCAG Events
- April 25, 2018
TorBUG - Jeffrey Leek, Johns Hopkins University
- March 28, 2018
TorBUG - Morgan Langille, Canada Research Chair in Human Microbionics
Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
Be sure and join us for this month's TorBUG.
On Wednesday, March 28, 2018 in the Red Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting our next guest speaker: Morgan Langille, Canada Research Chair in Human Microbiomics, BAssistant Professor, Dalhousie University.
- 4 to 4:15 p.m. - Trainee Speaker: Renan Nascimento De Almeida, Graduate Student, Guttman Lab, (CCBR Red Room) will speak on "Identification of Pseudomonas syringae type III secreted effector sequences associated with adaptation to coffee plants."
- 4:15 to 5 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Morgan Langille, Canada Research Chair in Human Microbionics, Assostant Professor, Dalhousie University (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Disease signatures of the human microbiome."
- 5 to 7 p.m. Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Meet new colleagues, discuss current hot topics over pizza and refreshments, enjoy and partake in your community's bioinformatics network!
Link to our Google calendar of events: https://firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Albi Celaj, Roth Lab, U of Toronto
- Benjamin Haibe-Kains, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, UHN & Dept. Medical Biophysics, U of Toronto
- Michael Liang, Wilson Lab, SickKids
- Ann Meyer, OICR
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Nicholas Provart, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Joseph Somody, OICR
- Taraneh Zarin, Moses Lab, U of Toronto