Latest TCAG Events
- January 30, 2019
TorBUG - Jennifer Gardy, UBC School of Population and Public Health
- November 28, 2018
TorBUG - Andrew Doxey, UWO
Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
Join us for the last TorBUG event of 2018!
On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 in the Red Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting our next guest speaker: Andrew Doxey, Assistant Professor and Director of Molecular Biology Core Facility, University.
- 4 to 4:15 p.m. - Trainee Speaker: Alex Lu, Graduate Student, Moses Lab (CCBR Red Room) will speak on "Learning unsupervised feature representations for single cell microscopy images with paired cell inpainting."
- 4:15 to 5 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Andrew Doxey, Assistant Professor and Director of Molecular Biology Core Facility, University of Waterloo (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "AnnoTree: visualization and exploration of a functionally annotated microbial tree of life."
- 5 to 7 p.m. Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Meet new colleagues, discuss current hot topics over pizza and refreshments, enjoy and partake in your community's bioinformatics network!
NOTE: The link to Google calendar of events has changed: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/b/1/r?cid=dG9yYnVnaW5mb0BnbWFpbC5jb20
Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Armande Ang Houle, Awadalle Lab, OICR
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Albi Celaj, Roth Lab, U of Toronto
- Benjamin Haibe-Kains, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, UHN & Dept. Medical Biophysics, U of Toronto
- Michael Liang, Wilson Lab, SickKids
- Ann Meyer, OICR
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Nicholas Provart, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Aleksei Shkurin, Hughes Lab, U of Toronto
- Taraneh Zarin, Moses Lab, U of Toronto