Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
Latest TCAG Events
October 9, 2019
Artificial Intelligence: A Crystal Ball for Drug Discovery?
On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 in the Red Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting our next guest speaker: Jennifer Brooks, Assistant Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto.
- 4 to 4:15 p.m. - Trainee Speaker: Helen Zhu, Graduate Student, Reimand Lab, University of Toronto CCBR Red Room) will speak on "Driver discovery in primary localized prostate cancer."
- 4:15 to 5 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Jennifer Brooks, Assistant Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "Linkage of whole genome sequencing with administrative health data for the study of autism spectrum disorder: Feasibility, opportunities and challenges"
- 5 to 7 p.m. Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Meet new colleagues, discuss current hot topics over pizza and refreshments, enjoy and partake in your community's bioinformatics network!
NOTE: The link to Google calendar of events has changed: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/b/1/r?cid=dG9yYnVnaW5mb0BnbWFpbC5jb20
Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Armande Ang Houle, Awadalle Lab, OICR
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Albi Celaj, Roth Lab, U of Toronto
- Benjamin Haibe-Kains, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, UHN & Dept. Medical Biophysics, U of Toronto
- Michael Liang, Wilson Lab, SickKids
- Ann Meyer, OICR
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Nicholas Provart, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Aleksei Shkurin, Hughes Lab, U of Toronto
- Taraneh Zarin, Moses Lab, U of Toronto