Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
Latest TCAG Events
- April 24, 2019
TorBUG - Shannon McWheeney, OHSU Knight Cancer Institute
- March 27, 2019
TorBUG - Julie Hussin, Université of Montréal
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 in the Red Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting our next guest speaker: Shannon McWheeney, Associate Director, computaational Biomedicine, OHSU Knight Cancer Institute.
- 4 to 4:15 p.m. - Trainee Speaker: Vinayak Bhandari, Graduate Student, University of Toronto (CCBR Red Room) will speak on "Up in the air: what does oxygen have to do with cancer?"
- 4:15 to 5 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Shannon McWeeney, Associate Director, Computational Biomedicine, OHSU Knight Cancer Institute (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "A path forward: Moving from data to knowledge to actionability to support precision oncology".
- 5 to 7 p.m. Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Meet new colleagues, discuss current hot topics over pizza and refreshments, enjoy and partake in your community's bioinformatics network!
NOTE: The link to Google calendar of events has changed: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/b/1/r?cid=dG9yYnVnaW5mb0BnbWFpbC5jb20
Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Armande Ang Houle, Awadalle Lab, OICR
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Albi Celaj, Roth Lab, U of Toronto
- Benjamin Haibe-Kains, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, UHN & Dept. Medical Biophysics, U of Toronto
- Michael Liang, Wilson Lab, SickKids
- Ann Meyer, OICR
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Nicholas Provart, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Aleksei Shkurin, Hughes Lab, U of Toronto
- Taraneh Zarin, Moses Lab, U of Toronto