- Cytogenomics and Genome Resources
- DNA Sequencing/Synthesis
- Genetic Analysis
- Microarray Analysis
- Statistical Analysis
Selected publications by Statistical Facility users (Co-authored or Acknowledged)
- Network analysis of transcriptional responses induced by mesenchymal stem cells treatment of experimental sepsis. CC dos Santos, S Murthy, P Hu, Y Shan, JJ Haitsma1, SHJ Mei, DJ Stewart, WC Liles.
American Journal of Pathology 181, 1681-1692, 2012.
- Obesity and prostate cancer: gene expression signature of human periprostatic adipose tissue. R Ribeiro, C Monteiro, V Catalán, P Hu, V Cunha, A Rodriguez, J Gómez-Ambrosi, A Fraga, P Príncipe, C Lobato, F Lobo, A Morais, V Silva, J Sanches-Magalhães, J Oliveira, F Pina, C Lopes, R Medeiros, G Frühbeck.
BMC Medicine 10,108.
This research with a Commentary as "The relationship between obesity and prostate cancer: from genetics to disease treatment and prevention" by Dr. Giovanni Lughezzani, BMC Medicine 10,109, 2012
- Markers of survival and metastatic potential in childhood CNS primitive neuro-ectodermal brain tumors: an integrative genomic analysis. D Picard, S Millar, CE Hawkins, E Bouffet, HA Rogers, TSY Chan, SK Kim, YS Ra, J Fangusaro, A Korshunov, H Toledano, H Nakamura, JT Hayden, J Chan, L Lafay-Cousin, P Hu, X Fan, KM Muraszko, SL Pomeroy, CC Lau, HK Ng, C Jones, TV Meter, SC Clifford, C Eberhart, A Gajjar, SM Pfister, RG Grundy, A Huang.
Lancet Oncology 2012. (doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(08)61345-8)
- Salutary effect of Resveratrol on sepsis-induced myocardial depression. L Smeding, HL Poi, P Hu, Y Shan, JJ Haitsma, E Horvath, S Furmli, H Masoom, JW Kuiper, AS Slutsky, TG Parker, FB Plötz, CC dos Santos.
Critical Care Medicine 2012. 40:1896-1907.
- NADPH oxidase complex and IBD candidate gene studies: identification of a rare variant in NCF2 that results in reduced binding to RAC2. AM Muise, W Xu, CH Guo, T Walters, VM Wolters, R Fattouh, GY Lam, P Hu, R Murchie, M Sherlock, JC Gana, NEOPICS, RK Russell, M Glogauer, RH Duerr, J Cho, CW Lees, J Satsangi, DC Wilson, AD Paterson, AM Griffiths, MS Silverberg, JH Brumell.
Gut 2012, 61:1028-1035.
- The DIAGRAM Consortium, J Kumate, PM McKeigue,J Escobedo, M Cruz (2011) Genome-wide association study of type 2 diabetes in a sample from Mexico city and meta-analysis with a Mexican American sample from Starr county, TX. EJ Parra, JE Below, S. Krithika, K Ross, A Valladares, JL Barta, NJ Cox, CL Hanis, N Wacher, J Garcia-Mena, P Hu, MD Shriver
Diabetologia, PMID: 21573907.
- A genotype resource for postmortem brain samples from the Autism Tissue Program. RF Wintle, AC Lionel, P Hu, SD Ginsberg, D Pinto, B Thiruvahindrapduram, J Wei, CR Marshall, J Pickett, E Cook, SW. Scherer
Autism Research 4, 89-97. 2011
- (2011) Gene and miRNA expression profiles in autism spectrum disorders. MMG Seno, P Hu, FG Gwadry, D Pinto, CR Marshall, G Cassallo, SW. Scherer
Brain Research 1380, 85-97. 2011
- Gene expression changes associated with resistance to intravenous corticosteroid therapy in children with severe ulcerative colitis. B Kabakchiev, D Turner, J Hyams, D Mack, N Leleiko, W Crandall, J Markowitz, A Otley, W Xu, P Hu, A Griffiths, MS Silverberg
Plos One 5, e13085. 2010
- Prkar1a is an osteosarcoma tumor suppressor that defines a molecular subclass in mice.
Molyneux SD, Di Grappa MA, Beristain AG, McKee TD, Wai DH, Paderova J, Kashyap M, Hu P, Maiuri T, Narala SR, Stambolic V, Squire J, Penninger J, Sanchez O, Triche TJ, Wood GA, Kirschner LS, Khokha R.
J Clin Invest. 2010; doi:10.1172/JCI42391
- DETECT--a density estimation tool for enzyme classification and its application to Plasmodium falciparum.
Hung SS, Wasmuth J, Sanford C, Parkinson J.
Bioinformatics. 2010 Jul 15;26(14):1690-8. Epub 2010 May 30.
- Transcriptomic analysis of dystrophin RNAi knockdown reveals a central role for dystrophin in muscle differentiation and contractile apparatus organization. Seno MM, Trollet C, Athanasopoulos T, Graham IR, Hu P, Dickson G.
BMC Genomics,2010, 11:345.
- Frequent amplification of a chr19q13.41 microRNA polycistron in aggressive primitive neuroectodermal brain tumors.
Li M, Lee KF, Lu Y, Clarke I, Shih D, Eberhart C, Collins VP, Van Meter T, Picard D, Zhou L,
Boutros PC, Modena P, Liang ML, Scherer SW, Bouffet E, Rutka JT, Pomeroy SL, Lau CC, Taylor MD, Gajjar A, Dirks PB, Hawkins CE, Huang A.
Cancer Cell. 2009 Dec 8;16(6):533-46.
- Gene expression using microarrays in transplant recipients at risk of EBV lymphoproliferation after organ transplantation: Preliminary proof-of-concept.
Allen U, Barton M, Beyene J, Hu P, Khodai-Booran N, Hebert Dipchand A, Ng V, Solomon M, Grant D, Fecteau A, Ngan B, Read S, Zielenska M, Weitzman S.
Pediatr Transplant. 2009 Sep 7. [Epub ahead of print].
- Molecular breakpoint mapping of 6q11-q14 interstitial deletions in seven patients.
Wang JC, Dang L, Lomax B, Turner L, Shago M, Teebi AS, Klatt R, MacLeod PM, Yong SL, Nowaczyk MJ, Eydoux P.
Am J Med Genet A. 2009;149A:372-9.
- Pro-atherogenic effects of probucol in apo E-KO mice may be mediated through alterations in immune system: Parallel alterations in gene expression in the aorta and liver.
Xu Z, Azordegan N, Zhao Z, Le K, Othman RA, Moghadasian MH.
Atherosclerosis. 2009; 206:427-33.
- IL-23R polymorphisms in patients with ankylosing spondylitis in Korea.
Sung IH, Kim TH, Bang SY, Kim TJ, Lee B, Peddle L, Rahman P, Greenwood CM, Hu P, Inman RD.
J Rheumatol. 2009; 36:1003-5.
- Interleukin 1 polymorphisms in patients with ankylosing spondylitis in Korea.
Kim TJ, Kim TH, Lee HJ, Peddle L, Rahman P, Hu P, Greenwood CM, Inman RD.
J Rheumatol. 2008; 35:1603-8.
- Molecular and clinical characterization of de novo and familial cases with microduplication 3q29: guidelines for copy number variation case reporting. Goobie S, Knijnenburg J, Fitzpatrick D, Sharkey FH, Lionel AC, Marshall CR, Azam T, Shago M, Chong K, Mendoza-Londono R, den Hollander NS, Ruivenkamp C, Maher E, Tanke
HJ, Szuhai K, Wintle RF, Scherer SW.
Cytogenet Genome Res. 2008; 123:65-78.
- Differential gene profiling in acute lung injury identifies injury-specific gene expression.
dos Santos CC, Okutani D, Hu P, Han B, Crimi E, He X, Keshavjee S, Greenwood C, Slutsky AS, Zhang H, Liu M.
Crit Care Med. 2008; 36:855-65.
- Characterization of the differentially methylated region of the impact gene that exhibits Glires-specific imprinting.
Okamura K, Wintle RF, Scherer SW.
Genome Biol. 2008; 9:R160.